Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Leesa DeVantier

Today's guest is Leesa DeVantier

----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hi Everyone,

My name is Leesa DeVantier and I have been a published author for nearly a year now. I never intended to be published as I feared that people would judge me and think what I had produced was stupid or laughable. This fear kept me from pursuing having my work within the public domain and even letting those close to me see what I had created.

One evening, whilst discussing what I had been writing, my husband convinced me to let him read the story so far.What I was not prepared for was his reaction to it.

As I sat watching him nervously, I saw a tear run down his cheek. I thought at first I was seeing things, maybe it was a bead of sweat as it was hot in the room, but it was not long before the tear was joined by another and he confessed after he had read the last line that what I had produced had actually moved him to tears.

After urging me to publish it I was faced with the other horror of letting others see my work, but I need not have worried. Forever More, a contemporary romance that has influences from classics such as Pride and Prejudice, Romeo and Juliet and North and South, received a lovely welcome and I have not heard of a single person who has managed to read it and not shed a tear.

This week my second book, From The Darkness, is due for release, which is completely different in subject matter being a vampire novel with a unusual twist to the lore, and I have the next in the series, Into The Darkness, following in October. I love writing in many different genres and have in the pipeline not only a utopian comedy but also a horror comedy and a crime novel.

Feel free to drop by my Facebook account, and my website for more details or to connect and chat.

My books are available both through my website and upon Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk, where you are able to also buy the eBook version of Forever More.

Thanks for your time,

Leesa.

-----------------------------------------------


And with that, I bid you adieu and I'll see you on Friday.




No comments: