Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Growing Like A Tree

Sometimes, during lunch at work, I stare out of the window and look at the trees. Yesterday I realised something wonderful. I'm becoming like a tree.

A tree grows when the weather changes, takes advantage of the seasons and whatever is around it, then gets rid of things it no longer needs. Not only that, a tree is patient and never takes more than it requires to live from the environment around it. As it gets old, it loses what ceases to work, but never loses its strength.

I am adapting to the world around me, without losing myself in it. It's not the life I wanted when I was young, or would prefer even now, but it's where I find myself at the moment. I cannot, and will not try, to change the world around me, I can only change aspects of my life and shelter those who come to me for help.

I am becoming a tree, and I feel better for it.








1 comment:

Julie Luek said...

Oh that is indeed a very good "ah ha" moment in life!