Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Big Plans

I have big plans for this year, and some of them may even come off,

Last year I failed to improve on my earnings from writing over 2012, but I still earnt some money, so I'm not upset, especially as I landed a full time job.  My noisy neighbours finally learnt what quiet means and the wonderful people at the Charity shop where I volunteer threw a goodbye party for me when I took on the new job.

All in all, 2013 wasn't too bad.

This year I'm going to send my novels to agents and publishers, finish off the third book and start the fourth, as well as take part in a few writing competitions. I've already earnt a few pennies from writing without doing any advertising, so I'm going to try some more interesting marketing ideas this year. I have no idea what they are yet, but my creative mind will come up with something.

I shall also continue reading voraciously, write reviews for the BFS and my quarterly column on digital publishing.

It's going to be a good ride, and I'll share some of it here, alongside the Friday batch of laughter and philosophy.

What have you got planned this year?





5 comments:

Magical Mystical MiMi said...

I'm doing much of the same, sending off my novels to agents and publishers and I may toss a couple up on Amazon, strictly ebooks. Writing is definitely my focus this year and creating clothing, accessories and home goods suitable for sale to the general public. Oh, and getting organized, which is what I'm doing right now at this very moment, 'cept I needed a break from bending, stooping, lifting and sorting, and well, here I am at your place. :) I look forward to your posts that share your great news of accepted novels and tons of money in the bank! Grab this New Year by the horns and squeeze every good thing from it! To your success! Cheers! :)

Magical Mystical MiMi said...

I'm doing much of the same, sending off my novels to agents and publishers and I may toss a couple up on Amazon, strictly ebooks. Writing is definitely my focus this year and creating clothing, accessories and home goods suitable for sale to the general public. Oh, and getting organized, which is what I'm doing right now at this very moment, 'cept I needed a break from bending, stooping, lifting and sorting, and well, here I am at your place. :) I look forward to your posts that share your great news of accepted novels and tons of money in the bank! Grab this New Year by the horns and squeeze every good thing from it! To your success! Cheers! :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I plan on finishing my current manuscript and send it to my publisher by June.
The Online Marketing Symposium takes place on January 20 - you should check out some of the posts as I bet there will be some good ideas.

Lisa Shafer said...

Dang. Can I get you to come over here and throw a huge party to annoy MY noisy neighbors?

Julie Luek said...

I love how the end of a year allows us to evaluate where we've been and where we want to go. Sounds like you've done both aspects very well. I'm looking forward to a year I've themed: No Fear. That covers personal, spiritual and writing goals for me. It's exciting to think about where the next 365 days could lead. Happy New Year to you!