Monday, September 09, 2013

Nanowrino

I've decided to give it a go this year, however I won't be registering on the site.

My writer's group have decided to step up to the challenge this year and have a go and I will, for the first time, try it. Why? I have two novels on the go and two plays, but I have stalled on them. Nano will help me get my writing mojo back.

But I'm not going to register for it as I feel the admin (I know there's not much) will distract me. I'll have enough 'encouragement' with three people checking my progress every week.

So, I hear you ask, what book are you going to work on? A yet-to-be-titled comedy novel about a modern wizard and his new apprentice. He'll have to deal with an anti-wizard, a teenage girl going through the puberty from hell and, most serious of all, social services.It's set in my hometown of Stevenage, so I can easily research the locations where appropriate, such as pubs and restaurants

At the moment, we're in the planning stage, working out what story we're each going to write and planning the outlines, as well as getting hints and tips on how to approach it and succeed. As I've already started the novel I'm going to refresh my knowledge of the story and then add at least 50,000 words to it. Should be fun.

And if I don't reach my target I won't worry, as I will have rediscovered my writing mojo with a little help from my muse, Clint Eastwood.


On with the show, as they don't say at author's conferences.





3 comments:

Freya Morris said...

I think I'll be doing Nanowrimo this year too! It's a good motivator. The admin stuff is really good though, so I'll definitely be signing up. I enjoyed being part of a bigger project of writing.

Martin Willoughby said...

Freya: I just need the kick, and then meet people who're doing it.

Julie Luek said...

I won't be doing it this year, but will be cheering all of you who make this effort!