Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Less Time, More Done

Now I have a full time job, I find I'm getting more done with blogging and writing. Why?

The answer is quite simple. Whereas I previously had a lot of time, time where I could say 'I can do that later', now I have less time and make the most of what I have.

I'm sitting in a hotel room typing this blog, after reading through blogs that I follow for the first time in (cough cough). Why those people are still following me and reading this blog is beyond me. Maybe I'm just a fascinating man, though not necessarily in the nice way.

I've also started planning two books, two one act plays and continued writing my column...which reminds me, I must get on that soon as the deadline is approaching.

Another noticeable thing is that I can concentrate for longer in the short time available rather than get distracted with Facebook, which I find I have less inclination for at the moment.

The truth of the old adage 'Less is more', has never been more obvious. Maybe it's that I now organise my time better as I have less of it, and the adage follows on from that.

See you Friday.

5 comments:

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

I think having a regular schedule of some kind always makes one more efficient at handling time. Congratulations on having so many WIP's in the works. Write on!

Nick Wilford said...

Hopefully that doesn't mean I'll get less done now my youngest is in school full time! I know what you mean, though. And congrats on the job.

Julie Luek said...

You are so right and how I struggle to actualize the "less is more" in my life. I still feel so compelled to connect on social media way more than I should.

All the best to you with your new projects.

Chirasree Banerjee said...

Keep writing--- I am sure the conflicts will be resolved.

Martin Willoughby said...

Elizabeth: Schedules let you know what you're avoiding. :)

Nick: Nah, you'll just have a change in routine.

Julie: Social media is a blessing and a curse.

Chirasree: They will be.