Monday, June 17, 2013

What Do You Do With Good Quotes?

I'm sure you've read a book and loved a line or phrase so much you've wanted to copy it and share it. You haven't? Philistine.

I have and I've collected a few of them over the years. Now I have photoshop, I can create posters of them, such as these two.




As I've just finished a book of political quotes, and I'm going to create pictures for some of those too. Here's a taster.

'In my view a spate of mediocre entertainment will encourage vacuity and increased vacuity will result in the demand for even more mediocre entertainment - and so on until the jungle finally closes in."
(Lord Strabogli, 1954, opposing the bill to allow commercial television companies in the UK)

I wonder what kind of picture I could use for that quote? Sometimes a plain background is all that's required, after all, it's the quote that matters most.

See you on Wednesday.


3 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

I still have a notebook of favorite quotes that I started keeping as a 14-year-old. :)

Alexia said...

Good work on photoshop!
I'd like to see a jungle closing in on Masterchef, or Oprah...

Martin Willoughby said...

Lisa: You've been keeping them for fifteen years? Wow. :)

Alexia: Oh, now that's an idea.