Monday, June 03, 2013

If I Have Problems, It Must Be A Monday.

Not once, but twice. In the last two weeks I've had two bikes stolen. GRRRRRRRR!!!!!

The first one was taken from outside my flat, the second one from a supermarket. On the first night of the play, my son and I were in a hurry, so we left the bike outside, as we had done countless times before. When we got back, the bike had gone. GRRRRRRR number one.

Yesterday, I bought another one for him from a friend. Today, he went to college, locked it up with two chains and locks and went to get some breakfast before going to college over the road. When he got back the bike and the chains had gone. GRRRRRRRR number two.

On top of that, the people who were meant to be installing the new TV points in the flats haven't completed the job after a week, so I rung up to complain.  GRRRRRRRR number three.

My wrist aches...from typing so much.  GRRRRRRRR number four.

However, I am NOT going to say 'things could be worse' as the universe tends to take that as a challenge rather than a statement.


On a more positive note, Milo James Fowlers' book, Immaterial Evidence, has got off to a good start. Don't forget to join the fun and have a read.

I'll see you on Wednesday, after I've listened to and comforted someone else who has a severe problem or seven, which I am not at liberty to discuss due to the personal nature of them (to her not me). Suffice to say she's having a crappier time than me at the moment.

Adieu

5 comments:

Al Diaz said...

Whenever I have a collection of bad things I tend to focus on the idea that nothing last forever and this, too, shall pass.

S Gallagher said...

Well that sucks. :( I'd be GRRRR-ing too. Hope things turn around, and maybe start investing in roller blades. :D

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Two bikes in just a couple days? That really sucks.

Lauren said...

The universe also tends to take growling as a challenge...Or so I've noticed.

Martin Willoughby said...

Al: I've gone past anger into acceptance. Being angry isn't going to get the bikes back.

SG: I can barely stay upright at the moment, let alone on rollerblades.

Alex: Big time.

Lauren: Oops.