Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I Write Like

I've been pointed at a wonderful little site called 'I Write Like', which analyses your writing and tells who it's similar to. So, as I'm busy managing props for a murder mystery play at a professional theatre this Thursday and Friday, getting my book ready for ebpulication, occasionally sleeping and eating, I'd though I'd share the results of my attempt with you.

First up, I put Monday's blog entry in to be analysed, the competition entry part. That came up with Cory Doctorow. What's interesting about that is that I'm currently reading a book of his (Pirate Cinema) for review and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Then, I put the first chapter of my first novel into the analyser and it came up with Douglas Adams. RESULT! It's something I intend to use in my marketing, with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek as I do so.

Don't forget, go to I Write Like and have a go. Now, where are those pills I need to give the murderer?





8 comments:

Rena said...

I've gotten authors all over the place, including JKRowling, Tolkien, and just now Cory Doctrow. Entertainingly, when I feed it a scientific paper, it said I write like Asimov, so maybe there's something to it. But I think tongue in cheek is how to best manage that site.

Valentina Hepburn said...

I got Chuck Palahniuk!

S Gallagher said...

I plugged in my latest short story "The Mission"--got J.D. Salinger. Makes sense considering who the narrator is.

Julie Luek said...

Oh, not sure I want to know! I may not like the outcome. ;)

Mark Koopmans said...

Oh oh... I got David Foster Wallace

Fitness Equipment India said...

I am so glad you are back. I have missed looking at the awesome tbuy work that you Gym fitness accessories

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Well, that was a fun little exercise. And what confusing results! I submitted two different snippets, one from each blog. The first time I was told I write like H. P. Lovecraft. The second one came out Kurt Vonnegut. Hmm, I wonder what a third snippet would reveal.

csbe andra said...

I enjoyed reading your post and I like your take on the issue. Thanks. csbe