First up, the good, the interesting and the other things that aren't odd, but aren't quite right.
- A Chinese Taikonaut has given a science lecture from space, which was broadcast to a lot of schools.
- A young boy born deaf can now hear due to a new piece of equipment inserted into his head. You gotta see his reaction when he hears his dad for the first time.
- Also in China, passers by catch a two and a half year old girl who falls from a high window, and five people who survived long falls from thousands of feet.
- Is the flying car closer? Well, there's the small helicopter/plane combo and the flying bike.
- Adding silver to antibiotics can improve their chance of success against superbugs.
- In Africa, the Tour de Congo has begun.
- A little bit of history for you now. How Napoleon changed communications.
- How do marine mammals hold their breath for so long? Here's how.
- In Swansea they're using tablet PCs to increase pupil's reading ability, and it's working.
Now for the odder parts of the last week's news.
- How do you commemorate someone's 25th wedding anniversary? By bricking up their doorway as you did while they were on honeymoon.
- 10 things music festivals have given us.
- One of William Blake's poems isn't actually his, as a local librarian discovered.
- How to turn the page of a newspaper the lazy way. Definitely an odd one and it makes me wonder how he turns the next page.
- The world's first bicycle shinty match.
- Ever had an odd job interview? Bet you've never been asked these kind of questions.
- The kind of service complaint that supermarkets get all the time. I hope. The punchline is terrific and I REALLY recommend you listen to this.
Before the pictures, a small movie from youtube that had me in stitches.
Now, it's picture time.
And on that note, I bid you adieu and wish you a great weekend.