Monday, April 22, 2013

A New Lease Of Life

Since I turned 50, I've discovered I have a new lease of life.

My 40s were terrible. They started with the worst birthday I've ever had when my ex-wife organised a surprise party, despite knowing I hated them. Guess who also ended up paying for it? Four years later I was divorced, two years after that I was forced out of the family home and tried to kill myself.

Now I'm building a writing career, have my own place, act on stage, have had two books published. It's not perfect, but it's far better than what I had before and better than almost any other time of my life.

I may have less active life in front of me than I have behind me, but I intend to pack a lot into these years.

Bring 'em on.








5 comments:

Mark Koopmans said...

My 30s sound like your 40s...

Glad to hear you are moving well in the right direction and good luck in the future... I mean, it can't get much worse than before, right :)

Nearly Martha said...

50 is the new 20s or something.

Martin Willoughby said...

Mark: Forward is the only viable way.

Martha: The 20s are overrated.

Helen said...

Amen to that.

Martin Willoughby said...

Helen: Amen to your Amen.