Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Habeas Corpus: Early Rehearsals

No guest today, so I'm going to bore you with how play rehearsals are going. The short answer is very well.

The long answer is that we're still trying to stop laughing as we go. Last night one member of the cast corpsed at the end of the first act while she was holding me close...and I mean close. That didn't do much for my ego.

The hardest part are the entrances and exits. We have so many people coming and going throughout the play, with people running on, saying a line, then running off, it's hard to keep everything going. That said, we've only been at it for a month, two nights a week and still haven't managed to get the full cast there on any night. A situation which is not unusual for us.

The miracle was getting eleven people to play the various parts and either be groped or walk around in their underwear for large portions of the play.

On that note, here are few rehearsal photos.





You can find out more about the play, where and when it's being performed on the society's website.

See you on Friday.




5 comments:

Patti said...

Looks like fun. I've never done anything like that. It looks like a good challenge.

Martin Willoughby said...

Patti: Oh it is. If you have active kids it's worth getting them involved...or yourself.

Magical Mystical MiMi said...

I was in drama club in h.s. and all of my kids have performed on stage at some point and now my grandson is showing interest. :) Every now and again they'll get an itch to do a community play and it's always been a lot of fun for the whole family. Yay you! :) I went to the society's page and I saw that they had some videos on youtube. Will this play make it to youtube? I'd love to see you perform. :)

Gabriel C. Taylor said...

I love all the backstage stories from theater (as well as in film making). It makes the experience all the more rich, I think.

Martin Willoughby said...

Mimi: If I get my way, I'm going to record a piece of the rehearsal for a promo video.

Gabriel: Some of them are so funny, in some cases funnier than the film/play.