Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday Fun

Happy Easter...or Ishtar, or Unleavened Bread.







First up, the good news, and I'm going to start with an advert that turns air into drinking water. If only ALL adverts could be useful. Meanwhile in Africa, the good news about Mozambique and how it's turned itself around after the end of a civil war. There are still problems, but things are improving. Lastly, we may be inundated with snow, but the people of Kiev have turned a historic street into a skiing slope.

The odd stuff now.


Now the moment, you've all been waiting for: Picture time.





























































And on that note, I bid you a happy Easter and I shall see you on Monday.





9 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

I can't decide if I like the googling or the tortoise race better. :D

Shell Flower said...

Wow, this is quite a list of awesome laughs. I'm particularly fond of the cat and toddler's agreement about the meaning of life, but prehistoric googling was pretty good, too. English summer sounds a lot like Pacific Northwest summer. Happy Easter.

Jeff Chapman said...

I'm going to try that one with the Easter eggs. Too funny.

Al Diaz said...

I didn't know that much about Christopher Lee. Wow!
Thanks for the laughter :D

Karen S. said...

My eggs are all baked! Seriously, new thing, bake them at 325 for 30 minutes! You really out did yourself this week- all eggs=cellent! Or Purr=fect!

Gabriel C. Taylor said...

Sir Christopher Lee makes me want to be more amazing. And he's working on a second album.

rollingstones500albummarathon said...

All of these are brilliant, but the one that says "you're a writer when you can procrastinate for hours out of fear that what you'll write won't be good enough" sort of tugged at my little heart because that's precisely what I'm doing right now--so thanks for the motivation. And Thanks for following my blog. I'll get back to my "I-don't-dare-call-it-a-novel" word document. :)

Katy said...

ps- I said gullible like five times outloud. perhaps I shouldn't admit it...

Martin Willoughby said...

Lisa: Tortoise.

Shell: It's wet most of the time over here.

Jeff: Beware of the fallout.

Al: He is an amazing man. His biography is superb.

Karen: Baked eggs? When can I come over?

Gabriel: Another one? Wow.

Rolling: Enjoy the writing while you can.

Katy: I did it too.