Friday, March 01, 2013

Friday Fun

You feel lucky? You should do it's Friday.

First, some good news and a big hurrah to a man in Oldham who rescued his neighbours from a fire. In all the worries about women getting too thin, how about a fashion show for large women, held in Brazil. In Africa, a green power revolution looks to provide reliable energy for the continent.

I'm not sure if this should be under good news or odd. I'll let you decide. The final Twilight film won a host of awards and the annual Razzies, seven Golden Raspberries in all.

Talking of awards, The Oddest Book Title Awards were announced this week, and includes gems such as How Tea Cosies Changed the World and Goblinproofing One's Chicken Coop. Who paints churches? In Spain, a grafftti artists has been called in to paint one local church. It's proved a bit of a pull for the locals. Talking of churches, how about building one from a disused cistern? That's what locals in one Ukranian town have done.

Where do your children sleep? How about letting them sleep outside? Here are 10 tales of outside sleeping, including one a rabbit hutch.

And finally, who wouldn't like a teacher who teaches maths while juggling. Seeing is believing.

Now, for the pictures.











































And on that positive note, I'll bid you adieu and I shall see you on Monday.




7 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

On the sleeping outside bit....
My father was raised on a ranch near a small town during the Depression Era. He and his older brother slept in the barn, not because it was healthy, but because it was necessary.

Martin Willoughby said...

Lisa: And they probably got bitten a lot by bugs too. It was a nasty time for a lot of people, my parents too.

Fran said...

I think the one about the Japan snow and the one about the kids sleeping outside should have been next to each other! Brilliant. My daughter's in Japan at the mo as she works for BA and has done the Tokyo run. I sent her the link ...

Martin Willoughby said...

Fran: I don't plan how they're displayed, it's just the luck of the draw when I upload them en masse.

Caitlin said...

I do believe that I need to read "Goblinproofing One's Chicken Coop". And as the parent of a two-year-old who is currently enthralled by Tangled, I appreciate Flynn Rider's confusion of the spontaneous song and dance more than Disney will ever know.

Martin Willoughby said...

Caitlin: I love Tangled.

Kelley Lynn said...

Funny! Love reading these. always get a good laugh :)