Friday, February 01, 2013

Friday Fun

Another Friday, another week over, another weekend to come.  First up, some good news from the past week.

Last week I shared the story of a footballer who helped the homeless, this week it's David Beckham who's going to give his whole salary to charity for the next five months. Next is the story of businesses that allow people to share things rather than buy them outright, thereby saving resources. It won't suit everyone, but will be good for a number of people.

Teenagers get a bad press a lot of the time, but most of them are decent people. Kieza De Sousa, 19, from London, has been given a small government loan to help him run his T-shirt printing business.

Odd stories are few and far between this week, but from Iceland comes the story of a girl who had to fight for the right to have her name. I know it's a cultural thing, but it does seem a little odd. What do you do in traffic jams? I pretended to take my eyeballs out and clean them, but in Moscow people do their knitting, among other things.

A couple of short videos now, and first up is journalist Shelagh Fogarty who overreacts when a mouse enters the studio.

Mooloolaba, Australia was invaded by foam. Thankfully it was just sea foam and not an alien invasion.

Lastly in this section, some interesting things I came across that I thought I'd share. If you want to know how email gets sent around the world, a peek inside one the internet hubs will help. Did you know the Bank of England has £1m and £100m notes? They do, but they're not for general circulation. Lastly, scientists in Scotland have developed a tractor beam.

Now for your favourite part and mine...PICTURE TIME.

















































With that, I'll put on my tin helmet, retire to a safe bunker and wait till Monday.  Adieu.



15 comments:

Al Diaz said...

Ah, my Friday laughter. I'm addicted to it. Thanks!

Martin Willoughby said...

Al: An addict to laughter. Can't think of a better addiction than that.

Karen S. said...

Wow, you sure made my day with these! Thanks for a fun Friday for sure! The first one I saw a while back and gee all my facebook friends (okay the women) loved it. How did you ever get a photo of my superhero son and his son??? Hahahaha! Enjoy your weekend, and thanks again for your Friday Fun posts!

Martin Willoughby said...

Karen: I was sneaking up behind your son and husband when I took it. :)

Rena said...

These are fantastic Martin. I totally look forward to fridays because of the funnies. My favorite today was the one about safe choices around women.

Martin Willoughby said...

Rena: I find this post a great pick-me-up for the weekend. And I'm just compiling it.

The Vegetable Assassin said...

great set today! I said 'hell yes! 'to just about all of them. Also I want that duvet set, is that wrong?

I will have you know that only my arms have freckles and they are very pale so THERE.

Martin Willoughby said...

Veg: I want that duvet set too. If you only have freckles on your arm, then it's the number of people you've hit....I think.

Dana said...

Now I can't get "I Will Survive" out of my head. LOL

Martin Willoughby said...

Dana: You'll survive it.

Milo James Fowler said...

POOR cockroaches! Thanks again for featuring Captain Quasar last week, Martin.

Al Diaz said...

Ok, nearly sure I left this note but better be sure. I'm nominating you for the Liebster Award. check my next post for details. Congratulations!

Martin Willoughby said...

Milo: Cockroaches are meant to inherit the Earth. If you want to do another one later in the year, let me know.

Al: Why thank you. I'll come on over and receive it gracefully.

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com