Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday Fun

It's snowing in the southeast of England, and you know what that means: four snowflakes and it's a national disaster.

Let's start with some good news to prove that the world isn't all bad, despite what some journalists would have us believe. In India energy efficient stoves are being provided to the poorer areas of the country which not only reduce energy needs, but also improve health. One success story is that of Francesca Martinez, a British comedian who suffers from Cerebral Palsy. She disabled but she's not an idiot. Another person with Cerebral Palsy can now walk thanks to some surgery in the USA.

Odd stories from around the world seem to get odder as time goes on. First up is 'No Pants Day' on New York's subway. People shed their trousers/pants for the morning commute causing some people to stare. Can't imagine why. Also from the USA comes the story of one man who outsourced his own job to China. It only came to light after he left the company. If that wasn't enough reason to look towards the USA, the idea of building a Death Star has been shot down by rebels in the government.

Has your dog ever eaten your homework? One Rugby player had his passport eaten by his dog, preventing him from travelling abroad to play in an important match for his club.

Finally, is a pun comedic, lazy or not even funny? Discuss.

Now for the pictures.


[You count the intersections between the coloured lines]



























































And now for the answer......



Have a great weekend one and all and I'll see you on Monday.




15 comments:

Al Diaz said...

The dog has never eaten my homework but many ate my shoes, my wallet, the furniture, my food... That's why I changed them for dwarves. Happy weekend!

Rena said...

Aaah, how cute. I love the back hatch sticker to look like the millenium falcon. I want one.

Martin Willoughby said...

Al: I suppose they're just sleepy and dopey.

Rena: I want a REAL Millenium Falcon.

Gabriel C. Taylor said...

Another great pick-me-up. Thank you.

And as a side note, I'm thoroughly enjoying your books!

Martin Willoughby said...

Gabriel: Glad you're enjoying them.

Fran said...

The same things obviously intrigue us - I have often looked up most of the bizarre news stories too. But most of the pictures I've rarely seen - loved the angry birds one especially.

Mark Koopmans said...

Cheers - as always :)

Martin Willoughby said...

Fran: Great minds think alike.

Mark: A pleasure sir.

Lisa Shafer said...

Thanks for the smile!

Martin Willoughby said...

Lisa: It's a pleasure.

Milo James Fowler said...

Holy cow -- between Wookie Monster and Toyoda, how can I pick a favorite? And those six girls aren't all Zoe What's-Her-Face?

Martin Willoughby said...

Milo: I prefer the wookie monster.

Magical Mystical MiMi said...

Why does all the weirdo news from from the U.S.? Just for the record, we're not all freaks.. :D I love all your pics and the Wookie was my fave too. :) Thanks for sharing, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Dana said...

A cat must have been blocking my writing all week... :)

Martin Willoughby said...

MiMi: We have plenty of freaks over here, it's that UK journalists want to portray the US as full of them.

Dana: I know the feeling.