Wednesday, December 05, 2012

The Next Big Thing

I've been tagged by the delightful CF Dunn as part of The Next Big Thing.  All I have to do is answer 10 questions about my whip...sorry, I mean WIP.


1. What is the working title of your book?
Book 3. I plan to model the title on a spy thriller, but as of yet I have no idea what it will be.

2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
The deepest, darkest part of my mind where I dare not tread too often in case I find something that will send me mad...or has that already happened?

3. What genre does your book fall under?
Comedy.  Science Fiction Comedy without the science.

4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Mae would look good played by Anne Hathaway, Ben by Colin Farrel and the voice of Igor could be Robin Williams.

5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
There's skullduggery afoot on Earth and one man seems to be behind it all, so Ben Keown is sent on a mission to discover what's happening, why and possibly put a stop to it providing Mae and Igor (who's developed an invisibility shield) don't get in his way while trying to protect him, and avoid the Vatican Police Flying Squad (the God Squad) who can't stop eating doughnuts long enough to find him.  No one said it had to be a short sentence.

6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Self-Published.  I'm enjoying it and want all the money for myself.  BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Was I meant to have finished it before doing this?  Ooops.  I've written several scenes and discovered a new character, while the complete story outline is in my head.  The first draft will be probably be done by the end of January.

8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Oooh, how about my last two books?  No?  Blonde Bombshell by Tom Holt, Chapter and Verse by Colin Bateman and the movie Mars Attacks.  Yes I'm that funny.  (No, mother, not funny in the head)

9. Who or What inspired you to write this book?
I've had this idea running around my mind for a few months and have based it on two characters in the previous comedy books wot I writ.

10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Igor's back with all his gadgets, the Vatican Flying Squad have a mobile pastry van that goes with them on all operations and I finally reveal what happened to Ben and Mae.

On that note I bid you Adieu and I'll see you on Friday.



5 comments:

Chloe said...

Love the synopsis!

Al Diaz said...

I want to read this book already! It sounds like lots and lots of fun. :) I'll keep an eye on you.

Martin Willoughby said...

Chloe: Why thank you young lady.

Al: It's fun writing it too.

Amy Jarecki said...

You hooked me with the God Squad :-)

Martin Willoughby said...

Amy: Now all I have to do reel you in.