Monday, November 26, 2012

Winners and launch news

Saturday's book launch was a resounding success. Between us we sold 40 books, including a few of the eboxes, a much better result than last year. As so many were sold, the 15% we donated to Oxfam amounted to £35.

I managed to sell seven copies of Apollo and Stitch, including 1 ebox. 

It's been tortuous at times, and we've created some of our own problems, but it's another step on the road to world domination.  What lifted us more than anything was not the number of sales, but a comment from someone who's been involved in publishing: 'I'm amazed at what you've managed to achieve in such a short time and from a standing start.'

We can be proud.I'll give a fuller update on lessons learnt next Monday. 


Which only leaves me to announce the winners of last weeks competition.

Gabriel Taylor
Nearly Martha
Milo Fowler

Email me with your address (martin at starfishpc dot co dot uk) and whatever inscription you'd like me to write inside and I'll post them forthwith.  As a bonus each winner also gets a print copy of A Stitch in Time with the same or different dedication. (If you'd prefer an ebox, let me know)

Until Wednesday, when I'll show you the start of my next novel, explain how I got to that stage and which openings I rejected, adieu.



5 comments:

Patti said...

Congrats on the launch. I've been MIA lately so this is great news to come back to.

Dana said...

Congratulations! :)

Jeff Hargett said...

Great to hear that you're pleased with the results. And congrats to the winners!

Martin Willoughby said...

Patti: Good to see you back.

Dana: From me too.

Jeff: It was more than we expected.

Milo James Fowler said...

Yahoo! So glad it went well -- and that I won. =]