Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday Fun

Okay, it's Friday, the weekend's here and that can only mean one thing...it's time to laugh.  First up, some videos.

We've had some flooding in the UK, but one person has made the most of it by waterskiing behind a car. From Scotland comes the tale of a whisky distillery using its leftovers to make biofuel.  Then there's the tale of the stone skimming world championships.  More importantly, how do you train for it?  On that subject, how do you train for the world custard pie throwing championships?  No idea, but this year's event was won by Pie of the Tiger.  All together...GRRRRROOOAAAAANNNNN.

How was your wedding?  I bet Obama didn't gatecrash it like he did for this couple, though he made it up to them afterwards. On the subject of elections, there are some in Brazil at the moment, where candidates will do odd things to get noticed...like dressing up as Batman and Robin.  Well, it got them noticed.  Still in Brazil, how would you like to collect rubbish from the side of a mountain?  Nope, me either. 

And the final video is about a robbery that worked...but no one knows why.  A Tesco store in Wales has had 500 wire baskets stolen.  No other store in the area has reported any thefts, so police are somewhat baffled. 

In other stories, a world record attempt has failed as not enough naked swimmers turned up in Northumberland.  From that embarrassment to another. A shipping company had egg on its face when a ship on its maiden voyage came a cropper. What history were you taught at school?  Here's ten things British people wish they'd been taught.  On that subject, the story of the Ethiopian soldiers who fought in the Korean War.

Back to Brazil, this time for the world's largest gridlock.  180km of it in Sao Paulo.  Talking of backlogs, in Zimbabwe there was an organised toilet flushing to clear the sewers.

How lucky are you?  I doubt you're as lucky as the Norwegian family who've won the lottery for the third time. Finally, here's ten things I bet you didn't know last week.  Except for the smart alec at the back.  Yes, I'm talking to you.

Enough of that, it's time to laugh at some pictures.















































I really hope that last one is a real place.  With that, I bid you adeiu and I shall see you next week.  Have a great weekend.




8 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

Ah, this was a totally worthwhile blog visit this morning!

Martin Willoughby said...

Lisa: Set you up for the day did it? My work here is complete.

Fran said...

Must take you ages collecting all this for our delectation. Very funny. I think my favourite picture is the poop/cat/baby one. Brilliant.

Karen S. said...

Glad I stopped by, I missed you last week, as there was little time for blogging. I should never miss your Friday FUN!

Maria Dolores Lopez Godoy said...

Hello, I love your blog, kisses from Spain.

Martin Willoughby said...

Fran: I collect the links and photos over the course of the week.

Karen: Always make time for fun.

Maria: Glad you could drop by.

Dana said...

Fun--and a nice distraction. Thanks!

Martin Willoughby said...

Dana: You're very welcome.