Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Fun

Woohooo, it's Friday.  And where else would I start, but with Oddbox.  This week, pulling a bus with your hair, a mobile phone throwing contest, a paragliding dog and others.

From elsewhere on Aunty Beeb's website, we have the top ten funniest jokes from the Edinburgh Festival, and the strange story of a woman who fell asleep on a plane.  She was asleep when it landed in France, no one noticed and she was still on board when it took off for Pakistan. 

Finally from the BBC, 10 things we didn't know last week, which includes the delightful news of an architectural competition for zombie-proof housing.

And now for something completely...the same as every other week. Pictures.






























One last thing, my books turned up, which means there will be a competition on Monday to win one.

And on that note, I bid you adieu and wish you a pleasant weekend.


15 comments:

Nearly Martha said...

A Friday Highlight as per usual. Thank you.

Martin Willoughby said...

Martha: You're always welcome.

Lisa Shafer said...

Yea! I love the hamster one -- except the grammar's wrong. :(
The Yoda one is always funny.
I also thoroughly enjoyed some of those Fringe quotes. (sigh. Wish I were at the Fringe. Or better yet -- the Book Festival.)

Martin Willoughby said...

Lisa: One day, when you're a rich author, you'll be able to go...or just move to Edinburgh.

Ink in the Book said...

Too hard to pick a favorite this week! There were so many funny ones:)
Have a fantastical weekend:)

Dana said...

Really good ones this week! The genetics one was especially hilarious. :)

Have a great weekend.

Martin Willoughby said...

Inky: Have a great one too.

Dana: That one made me smile a lot.

Victoria Lindstrom said...

Martin - Are you sure you shouldn't do stand-up comedy on the side? "The wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead," cracked me up! Have a great weekend!

Martin Willoughby said...

Victoria: I have done stand up comedy before.

Milo James Fowler said...

Excellent! That sleeping bag -- I should get one for class trips. And that last graph = perfect.

Martin Willoughby said...

Milo: If you took that one class trips I can guarantee you'll end up sharing it with a fish the kids'll put in there when you're asleep.

DEZMOND said...

ahahah love the koala and kitten pics :)

Zombie house proofing tips! I'm so there, although I'm more interested in how to build zombieproof stronghold walls around my place.

Martin Willoughby said...

Dezmond: I'm just surprised there's a competition for it.

Caitlin said...

I've missed coming to check your Friday pictures! On top of super powers I also earnestly tried to see if sticks from my yard would grant me wizarding skills.

Martin Willoughby said...

Caitlin: Welcome back. My eldest had a wand that would light up and he tried to get my hair to grow back with a spell.