Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday Fun

Another week goes by, another set of spelling mistakes are discovered.

First up, as always, it's Oddbox. This week underwater opera, cowpat throwing and doing the mobot.

From elsewhere on the BBC you can find out the weird and wonderful stats generated by the Olympics, and ten things I'll bet you didn't know last week.

Staying on the Olympic theme, the BBC has produced two short videos showing the funny side and the painful side of competing.  Nor should we forget the members of the British Olympic Team performing Queen's 'Don't Stop Me Now'.


AND NOW...PICTURE TIME!
































And on that cheery note, I bid you adieu and I shall see you on Monday.




11 comments:

E. Arroyo said...

Ha! I'm crispy. love it. =)

Victoria Lindstrom said...

Thanks for the great photos and quotes, Martin! My favorite was the stepping stones at the top - wonderful.

Martin Willoughby said...

EA: It beats saying I'm old.

Victoria: It is good advice.

Dana said...

I can relate to the one with the TV and VCR. I remember those days!

The Vegetable Assassin said...

Haha the barbiturates cat made me splutter into my wine with joy. Thank you for that. :)

Mark Koopmans said...

As always, a fun read and awesome picture montage :)

Martin Willoughby said...

Dana: It was a good not having to listen to the teacher.

Veg: I hope it didn't spoil the pizza.

Mark: Thank you.

Milo James Fowler said...

Holy cow, Martin -- too much good stuff! Fiddling with cellphones, the quote from the floor, Vader's insurance needs -- you've outdone yourself this week.

Martin Willoughby said...

Milo: I aim to please.

Lauren said...

Deadly Facts about Water, owning cats (Do you own a cat, or does the cat own you?) and Words for Teenagers.

I know it's not intended for voting, but I did anyway. Ha!

Martin Willoughby said...

Lauren Which means you win the prize...you get to make a comment next week.