Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday Fun

Ever had one of those days when everything goes right?  No, me either.

Let's start with Oddbox. A rotating house, magic on a train and Hilary Clinton dancing.  The less said abut that the better.

The Olympics are coming to a close, so here are 20 things you may not have known, such as why athletes run anti-clockwise and why they munch their medals.  If that wasn't enough, here are another 20.  (Want to know who wore number 2012?)

Following on from that, here are 10 things I bet you didn't know about the world around you.

And now, it's picture time.
































And finally....


Have a great weekend.


17 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

I think I'm going to try that toilet paper tubes thing. :)

Martin Willoughby said...

Lisa: Probably works best on Halloween.

Jeff Hargett said...

Love peekaboo Martin and the storm trooper. Thanks for the funnies!

Martin Willoughby said...

Jeff: Glad I could make you smile.

E. Arroyo said...

lol. Thanks

Martin Willoughby said...

EA: You're very welcome.

Ink in the Book said...

Really? Anything I say can and WILL be held against me? Hmmmm...

That one is hilarious! Love it!

Martin Willoughby said...

Inky: That's what the man said. Take him at his word.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try that toilet roll tubes thing in the grounds of the hotel on the church weekend...and not tell the youth group.

Martin Willoughby said...

Anon: You're too cruel...I like it.

Damyanti said...

Thanks for some much needed humor--and perspective.

Martin Willoughby said...

Damyanti: You're very welcome...on both counts.

Milo James Fowler said...

The irony of flying saucers -- never thought of it that way before; so true. And "You are here" is a great reminder, isn't it?

Dana said...

Batman kitten is adorable! :)

Martin Willoughby said...

Milo: We are the aliens!

Dana: Isn't he just.

The Vegetable Assassin said...

Reading the Olympic thing, I said the same thing WAY back about Team GB - what about Northern Ireland, they're not part of Great Britain they're part of the UK, shouldn't it be Team UK? Great Britain is the great island - the mainland. That's a pretty terrible oversight! If I was Northern Irish I'd be pissed off.

Martin Willoughby said...

Veg: It's a constant bugbear over here, though I suspect NI sports authorities are silently glad as it allows them to say they're independent, especially the football lot.