Friday, August 03, 2012

Friday Fun

It's Friday (in case you hadn't noticed) and that means a post that starts with the Oddbox.  This week, a woman with a flowerpot head, the mud Olympics, a cardboard boat race and politicians looking stupid.  And while we're on the subject of odd, here's ten things I bet you didn't know last week.

From elsewhere on the Beeb, inflated job titles.  Do you have a person at work who has title that far exceeds their job?  Here's 25 more.

Gore Vidal died this week and whatever you may think of him, he was very quoteable.  The Beeb has listed some his best.

And for those of you who have just returned from Mars, the Olympics have started.  BUT, the star of the show appeared outside the opening ceremony.

After that, here are this weeks pictures.


And on that cheery note, I bid you Adieu and I'll see you on Monday.

13 comments:

Kelley Lynn said...

That video is SO FUNNY!

Have a great weekend Martin!

Martin Willoughby said...

Kelley: When she said she wants to be on youtube I cracked up.

Lisa Shafer said...

Love the one on the English language!

Rena said...

Oh, I've been a fan of that English language one. I had a bumper sticker of it on my car (oh boy, three cars ago now).

Nick Wilford said...

I related to the sound of silence one. That's usually suspicious in our house.

Martin Willoughby said...

Nick: Silence is the worst sound for any parent...if you don't include the loud bang that usually follows it.

Jeff Chapman said...

Hilarious as always.

Martin Willoughby said...

Lisa: Sum's up English perfectly.

Rena: Three cars ago!

Jeff: Glad I could make you smile.

Dana said...

I have to say I love the one about the five-minute break for moms. ;)

Martin Willoughby said...

Dana: Every parent feels that way sometimes.

Lynn(e) Schmidt said...

I tried keeping track of all the pictures I loved, but then there were so many that I was giggling and snorting because I was laughing so hard!

Thanks for sharing these!

Martin Willoughby said...

Lynn: Glad I was able to brighten up your day.

Lauren said...

Those are fantastic! I think the best one was in regards to English.

Lauren