- Talk with/email editors/magazines/agents
- Beat yourself up for not writing
- Sketch out a plan of the city in your novel
- Design the Starship your hero flies
- Sit in a corner and cry over a rejection letter
- Map the world you're building
- Imagine what it'll be like to spend your million pound/dollar advance
- Create character profiles
- Go to a writer's group
- Critique another writer's work
If you practice one or more of these things for a total of two or more hours a day, congratulate yourself. You're an author.
See you on Friday.