Thursday, July 05, 2012

Friday Fun...and an apology

Apologise, me?  Yes, that's right.  I haven't been round to your blogs for much of the last two weeks.  Suffice to say I had reasons, but as they have now gone west, I shall be back annoying you as of today.

Secondly, in Britain we're mourning Eric Sykes, a great comedian who died on Wednesday, aged 89.  What makes his career in comedy even more remarkable was that he was deaf from his early thirties and nearly blind in later life.  He worked with Spike Milligan on the Goon Show among many other things.  I will always remember his comedy program, Sykes, in the 70s which I watched with my family, and the silent comedy 'The Plank', a 45 minute film which you can see on Youtube.

Oddbox!  Okay, they missed last week and there is no apology, but this week they bring us a glass bottle music group, a lifelike waxwork and even more perils of live news on the BBC.

And now, as a tribute to Eric, I want you all to laugh at the following pictures.






























With that, it only remains for me to say...


Have a great weekend and watch out for me stalking your blogs.

11 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

I like the book hangover one. :)

Also, I finally wrote up the Edwin Morgan post you wanted to read. It's on my blog now. Please drop over and have a look. :)

Nearly Martha said...

One of my favourite Eric Sykes moments is a recent one. His appearance on "Dinnerladies" is a legend in our house.

Martin Willoughby said...

Lisa: I think every book lover will like that one. (I'm on my way)

Martha: I don't remember seeing that. I'll have to see if I can get a copy.

Jenny Morris said...

I LOVE Spock with the Light Saber!!! Sorry to here about Sykes.

I have a great weekend.

Martin Willoughby said...

Jenny: I'd like to have seen Spock vs Vader.

Nick Wilford said...

Loads of good ones this week, Martin. The water and wine made me giggle. RIP Eric!

Martin Willoughby said...

Nick: That one caught my eye, but I prefer the Monday one.

Milo James Fowler said...

Good stuff as always, Martin. And I snagged a copy of Stitch -- Amazon review forthcoming, most likely by the end of the month.

Martin Willoughby said...

Milo: Excellent. Hope you enjoy it.

E. Arroyo said...

Some great ones...as always. lol

Martin Willoughby said...

EA: Glad you enjoyed them.