Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday Fun

Another week has ended, more goals have been missed and many more achieved.

Some people go shopping for underwear, others go shopping IN their underwear.  Yep, it's oddbox.  Also includes people dancing with the Olympic flame and a bus doing push-ups.

If you're coming to the see the Olympics, the BBC has compiled a helpful page of information about Britain.You can find out how to behave at the pub, how many regional accents there are and how best to insult the Welsh and Scots (call them English). 

Ever wondered what happens to stage shows that flop?  Nope, me either.  However, one man has turned the experience into a comedy show.

The moment you've all been waiting for...Picture Time.
































I won a competition during the week and my prize was this cartoon, created and drawn by Chris Bamburgh.

(Please note that this picture is copyrighted, so don't use it without his permission)

And with that I bid you adieu and I'll see you on Monday.

15 comments:

DRC said...

ERMAGHERD...THE BERG... :)

Martin Willoughby said...

DRC: Star Trek is a goldmine for funny pics.

Christine Muir said...

Im really am 'laughing out loud' - thanks :-)

Nearly Martha said...

Love Checkmate Atheist! :)

Martin Willoughby said...

Martha: Who says atheists have all the best jokes.

Chloe said...

Same as Martha - the chicken really made me laugh out loud. Also loved the cat dancing to Thriller. Small things...

Rena said...

Hilarious! Thanks for the laugh.

Laura said...

I love all of these, particularly the animal ones! I also like the 'Lessons learned in Life' one, a lot of those apply to me! I'm a very quiet person, and because of that people always think I'm either shy or sad!

Joe said...

You do find some cracking stuff. Thanks again for making me smile.

Lisa Shafer said...

Hmmm.... I don't get several of these. Suddenly I feel like I'm in the classroom again and some kid makes a joke about a TV show or a youtube video the kids have all seen, and I have no freakin' clue what they're talking about.
Geez, Martin, school doesn't start for another3 weeks! Quit making me feel like I'm back already!

Martin Willoughby said...

Chloe: It doesn't matter how small the the thing that makes you smile is, just smile.

Rena: You're welcome.

Laura: We quiet people get a raw deal.

Joe: You're very welcome.

Lisa: Sorry miss. I'll do 500 lines. 'I will not make teacher feel old'. :(

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Those are great! I love Ernest Borg 7 of Nine. LOL

Martin Willoughby said...

Amanda: That one tickled me no end.

Milo James Fowler said...

Forget about Pangea -- Chickengea is much more plausible!

Martin Willoughby said...

Milo: Chickengea...brilliant.