Monday, June 11, 2012

A-Muse-Ing

I've fired my muse. It had to be done. She was slacking on the job, failing to turn up when needed and spent too much time with Douglas Adams making him a really hot cup of tea.

So I've hired someone who will 'encourage' me to get down to writing far more often and see to it that I achieve the goals I set. Wanna meet him?





Since taking on the position of muse, which cost a few more dollars than I'd expected, my writing has been good, bad and ugly, but it's been writing. My head can be proudly hung high and I'm inundated with a fistful of rejections. I still don't know his name though I understand he was once a high plains drifter.

Only one thing left to do now and that's announce another blogger who deserves more followers. Today I'm going to point you at Starfish Publishing.Okay, it's a bit egotistcal, but I am only one of the contributors.

If you want your blog advertised here, or want to do a guest posting at some point this year (to coincide with a book launch or just to advertise yourself a bit), let me know by email to martin (at) starfishpc (dot) co (dot) uk.

With that, I shall bid you adieu and look forward to seeing you on Wednesday. My enforcer will make sure of that.

14 comments:

Patti said...

Your new muse looks way tougher, I'd be a little afraid.

Martin Willoughby said...

Patti: He keeps me working.

Lisa Shafer said...

I love the line about your muse spending time making Douglas Adams strong cups of tea. :)
Best of luck as you get used to your new muse. :)

Dana said...

I wonder where the fired muses go?

Have fun with the writing!

Gina Gao said...

Have fun with your writing!

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

Martin Willoughby said...

Lisa: He's produced the good already. One and half chapters of a novel.

Dana: They get a job with someone else.

Gina: I will.

Mark Koopmans said...

Aloha Martin,

Cheers for the follow - and am doing the same - especially because of this post :)

If you have a moment, search on my blog for "You Know You're a Parent When... (#6)"

You might recognize your muse :) (I have an original 1968 canvas poster of TGB&U on my wall:)

Cheers, and good luck to EngUland for the rest of Euro '12 :)

Martin Willoughby said...

Mark: Welcome aboard. I'll have a look at that post at some point.

You have an original! I'm seriously jealous.

blogbehave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
blogbehave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shrink on the couch said...

When Clint stops working for ya, send him over.

Martin Willoughby said...

Shrink: He'll make up his own mind and make mine up for me.

defcon said...

Ha! Clint Eastwood as a muse, I never would've thought...

Glad to hear you're writing, and hope the new muse works out.

Martin Willoughby said...

Defcon: He's a multi-talented individual.