Friday, June 01, 2012

Friday Fun

Where else would I start, but Oddbox.  This week an impressive picture show ON Sydney Opera House, the sand sculpture festival in Portugal and what do top athletes do after their event?  Sit in a bin full of ice.  What else.

On May 15 1780 in New England and parts of Eastern Canada there was a dark day and there are endless debates about what caused it.  Some BBC website readers had their own ideas including fires, insects and (naturally) aliens.  Some are funny, some are interesting some are just weird.  And that's just the contributors.

And finally, ever wanted a complete list of emoticons?  Wikipedia is your answer.


It's picture time






















And on that note I bid you Adieu and I'll see you on Monday.

8 comments:

E. Arroyo said...

You know you got me spoiled with these, right? lol. Thanks again. =)

Martin Willoughby said...

EA: Consider yourself thoroughly spoiled. You deserve it.

Dana said...

As usual, these are great! I love the "How to be British" one. ;)

Martin Willoughby said...

Dana: It should be 'how to be English' as the Scots, Welsh and Norhter Irish are far less reticent.

Milo James Fowler said...

Nice ones, Martin. "I am your father" cracked me up.

Martin Willoughby said...

Milo: A pleasure to be of service to humour.

The Vegetable Assassin said...

I do look forward to the Friday bits and bobs. Even if it IS Sunday. I always take the scenic route but I get there in the end. :) Also, I agree with Bill Hicks' quote there. But never try to mess with my coffee.

Martin Willoughby said...

Veg: I would NEVER get in between you and your coffee. I value my life.