Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday Fun (and a free book)

Did I mention a free book?  I did.

From 23rd to 27th June, my short story ebook will be available for free on Amazon.  That's right, FREE!  But that still leaves you time you to have a chuckle at some one else's expense.

Oddbox isn't working this week, so I have no idea what's in it, but here's the link as the BBC are bound to fix it at some point.

Just to show how 'with it' I am, here's a history of the Catchpa, those annoying security words you have to type in on some blogs and sites.  On the subject of the weather (neat segue, eh) did you know the Inuit do NOT have 50 (or 100) words for snow, nor do the English have 50 words for rain.  What we do have, thanks to BBC website readers, is a scale of rain in England, similar to the Beaufort scale for wind.

And now for something completely the same as last week...Pictures.

























(Laugh when you get the movie reference)

(Two words, song title)




On Monday I shall have another guest blogger, Joe Lenton, talking about his latest book.  Till then, have a great weekend and I bid you Adieu.

18 comments:

Nick Wilford said...

Another great plethora of pics! Blogging is my vice rather than Facebook, but I'm pretty much the same as the first one and the skeleton pic. Apart from that, I think the exercise one was my fave. And sadly I passed the age test!

Martin Willoughby said...

Nick: The exercise one gave me a wry, understanding smile.

Dana said...

Great pics, as usual! That first one describes me pretty much perfectly. Love the one with the cassette!

Have a nice weekend, Martin.

Lisa Shafer said...

Happy Friday.

DRC said...

Why am I feeling a strange connection with the boy laughing at the chalk outline... :)

Martin Willoughby said...

Dana: That first one describes most of us too perfectly.

Lisa: Thankyou. Hope your one's good too.

E. Arroyo said...

Ha! That first one is me. =)

Martin Willoughby said...

DRC: Probably because you are too much alike.

EA: That one does seem to have hit the mark with a lot of people.

shrink on the couch said...

All the straight women sleeping with my husband. That is excellent stuff! Must snag and post on Facebook. After I clean my office, that is.

Martin Willoughby said...

Shrink: Forget cleaning, just share the photo.

Milo James Fowler said...

Got my FREE copy, and I'll post a review sometime this week @ Amazon US. Snow White and the 7 Worfs? Holy crap.

Martin Willoughby said...

Milo: Hope you enjoy the book. The Snow White one took me a few minutes to get, but I'd like to see that film. Can you imagine Bashful Worf.

KLo said...

Oh my God, Martin, I was freaking HYSTERICAL over those pics (my favorite being Yoda saying, "Love is all you need", of course). :-)

Martin Willoughby said...

KLo: Yoda is a cultural icon.

defcon said...

Geez, that kid is scary. :O

Love the Japanese ceramic. I could imagine after a few breaks, you'd have a beautiful unique design.

Martin Willoughby said...

Defcon: That kid behaves just like my youngest son.

Milo James Fowler said...

Thoroughly enjoyed your stories, Martin, and left you a review by H.G Estok. Keep up the good work!

Martin Willoughby said...

Milo: Thankyou. It's much appreciated.