Monday, May 14, 2012

Updates

A short one today as I'm off to a funeral with my mother. It's her aunt Pearl who died several days ago, a year after her husband. She was in her 90s and had long, happy life.

Taraaaaaaaaa! I've reached one hundred followers. To celebrate, I'll have an ebook contest next week.

Novel: Added two more chapters to Apollo the Thirteenth and have realised that Alan and Carla's marriage is very strong with neither of them threatened by the various other men/women who are trying to 'divert' them from each other. Mae is also proving to be a bit of a diva who hates people letting her win and hates losing when they try.

Short story for May's W1S1: Had a great idea inspired by Cowboys vs Aliens which I watched with my eldest son on Friday. More next week.

Play (Writing): Thanks to everyone who's left a comment over the past couple of months. I am now going to have a good long look at it and see what needs to change and where I need to add in further details and dialogue.

Play (Performing): Less than two weeks to go and the nerves are homing in on me like a guided missile. Can't wait for the three performances and I'm looking forward to falling over a sixth floor balcony. If you're nearby, come and see it. The line my kids will like most is where I'm stuffed into a laundry basket and one of the characters says, 'he's too fat'.

On that note, I'll bid you adieu and see you on Wednesday.

5 comments:

Freya Morris said...

Congrats! Cowboys vs Aliens was good fun. Even better when it can inspire you.

Lisa Shafer said...

Yea! 100!!!

Martin Willoughby said...

Freya: It was one of those movies where you switch off your brain, sit back and enjoy the bad guys get a kicking.

Lisa: It's only taken me three years, but I like to think I have quality followers.

Dana said...

Congrats! :)

Martin Willoughby said...

Dana: Thankyou young lady.