Step 1. Pick and choose any items from the following list for your routine and add some of your own.
- Make a cup of tea/coffee/hot chocolate and use a special mug
- Read for 10 minutes
- Check your list of writerly things to do
- Put on some appropriate music or a special CD/playlist
- Feed the dog/cat/hamster/rabbit/parrott
- Put on your special slippers/cardigan/pyjamas
- Pray for inspiration
Step 2. Sit down and write.
By going through a small list of prompts, you will get your mind in the right mood whatever time of day it is, or wherever you are.