Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Competition Winners and Some Changes

Happy Wednesday.

First up, remember that competition I started last Monday?  I thought you had.  Well, today I announce the winners and there are four of them (I'm so generous).

E.Arroyo from Chandara Writes
Dana from The Daily Dose
Lisa Shafer
and
Laura from My Baffling Brain

Ladies, email me at martin (at) starfishpc (dot) co (dot) uk and I'll email you the two ebooks, A Stitch in Time and Published Short Stories.  Let me know if you want the kindle version or the ePub version...or both versions.  I'm in a REALLY good mood.

Secondly, I'm going to make some subtle changes to the posts on this blog.  Fear not, Friday will remain the day for some fun and silly/thoughtful/odd pictures, but on Monday and Wednesday I'll have the occasional guest blogger, probably once or twice a month, maybe more if the demand is there.  If you would like to be a guest, email me and we'll talk about when is best for you and what you'd want to blog about.  Feel free to use your post as part of a promotional tour for a book launch.

On that note, I'll leave with some sage advice regards writing: 'Whatever you do each day, remember to write something.  It doesn't matter whether it's a sentence, a rough idea, a whole chapter or short story, just write something.'

Adieu and see you on Friday

10 comments:

Laura said...

Thank you very much! I never win competitions :)

Dana said...

Thanks so much! :)

Milo James Fowler said...

Congratulations to the winners! And a great quote. Somehow, I'm managing 1K a day this year, and I hope to keep it up. As the illustrious Anonymous once said, "The worst stuff you write is always better than the best stuff you don't."

E. Arroyo said...

Thank you!

Freya Morris said...

oh man - how did I miss this??

Martin Willoughby said...

Laura: Well you did this time. Well done.

Dana: You're welcome.

Milo: Another good quote.

EA: You're also welcome.

Freya: By not reading the blog? They'll be another one at some point in the future.

Lisa Shafer said...

I won? I don't remember entering anything. Maybe I'm just getting senile. Thanks -- for whatever I won. :)

Martin Willoughby said...

Lisa: You entered when you commented last week. Or maybe it is senility, but I didn't think that could occur in women under thirty who carry a light sabre.

Chloe said...

Where would we all be without your Friday posts? In a sad place - that's where!

Martin Willoughby said...

Chloe: Aww, shucks, you're too nice to me...but don't stop.