Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday Fun

A bit late in the day, but I'm here. I went to the movies with my youngest son to see Wrath of the Titans in 3D. Borrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiinnnnnng film. As for 3D, if that's all 3D has to offer I won't be seeing another one anytime soon.

Anyhow, first up, oddbox. This week using zombies to liven up a race, tv for dogs and a video taken while someone is free falling from a cliff.

For the writers among you, a few quotes about critics

- A critic is a person who will slit the throat of a skylark to see what makes it sing. (JM Synge)

- A bad review is even less important than whether it is raining in Patagonia (Iris Murdoch)

- Anyone who can fill out a laundry slip thinks of himself as a writer. Those who can't fill out a laundry slip think of themselves as critics. (George Seaton)

Picture time.











And finally, revenge is sweet.



Havae a great weekend.

8 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

I love the surfing one!

E. Arroyo said...

Nice. Love the last one. Hit 'em where it hurts. cha ching...LOL

defcon said...

Aww, no love for critics. To me, every artist/writer is a critic, either of themselves or others.

And yeah, 3D movies does nothing for me. A few things pop out--wowie. I'll watch it without the annoying glasses, thanks.

Martin Willoughby said...

Lisa: A talent for the future there.

EA: He deserved it. The heart at the end of the message was a nice touch too.

Defcon Paying an extra £2.10 per ticket for the privilege keeps me away too.

Freya Morris said...

Love the surfing one and the boy down the toilet! The Desmond Tutu one is so right. I didn't know he'd said that - like him even more now.

Martin Willoughby said...

Tut is a man who lives a christian life. If more people followed his example the world would be a much better place.

ilima said...

I'm glad I didn't pay for the 3d version of that movie because it wasn't so great. I loved the nana batman, surfing boy, and ministry of magic. Made my day.

Martin Willoughby said...

Ilima: The batman took a while to click, but when it did.....