Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday Fun

Today, is the anniversary of the day my mother gave birth to me. Yes, it's my birthday. 49 years ago at 6.30am, after much screaming and shouting, the thunder and lightning causing massive electrical blowouts across London (according to my father), I was born.

As is usual on this day, my kids said happy birthday in passing, didn't give me a card or buy me a present...which is just how I like it. My mother took all four of us out for lunch and the boys launched into the birthday song specially composed for the occasion

Happy bald day to you,
Happy bald day to you,
You look like a light bulb,
And you shine like one too.


On with the Friday goodies. First up, Oddbox. This week, international pillow fighting day, Batman rides again and someone proposes at the North Pole.

From elsewhere on the Beeb, Hilary Clinton sees the funny side of spoof love texts and Newt Gingrich's campaign cheque bounces.

Now for a video. For those of you outside of the UK, Orange is a mobile phone network.




Picture time.










And finally, a picture from Star Trek showing William Shatner holding...well, see for yourself. It's worth remembering that this is NOT photoshopped and was broadcast.


According to George Takei (Sulu) the props department were given hell for that piece of work.

And on that note, I'll wish you a fabulous weekend.

20 comments:

Patti said...

Happy Birthday. I loved the lunch money one.

Freya Morris said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARTIN!

Cindy R. Wilson said...

Happy Birthday!

DRC said...

I've said it before, I'll say it again (aren't you lucky...:D ) Happy Birthday!!!

I love that star trek picture. I laughed when I first saw it...lol - and the one with the cat and the duct-tape...

E. Arroyo said...

Happy Birthday!!! And as always, I love these. =) Thanks,

Dana said...

Happy birthday!

Martin Willoughby said...

Patti: Thankyou. Now is the time for nerds to get revenge.

Freya: THANKYOU!

Cindy: Thanks for dropping by.

DRC: That the show was broadcast with that prop is amazing.

EA: Thankyou and glad to be of service.

Dana: Thankyou.

Jenny S. Morris said...

Happy Birthday. I am laughing so hard at these pics.

Love the Yoda and Skywalker. Oh, and Shatner. How did he keep a straight face.

Lisa Shafer said...

Happy Friday the 13th b-day! (It's my friend Max's b-day, too.)
I love the geek cartoon. :)

Martin Willoughby said...

Jenny: Shatner was a practical joker so probably enjoyed working with that prop.

Lisa: Lots of great people were born in April. ;)

PV Lundqvist said...

Takes a secure man to share a funny at his expense. I salute you!

Happy birthday.

Martin Willoughby said...

PVL: If we can't laugh at ourselves, we have no right to laugh at others.

Milo James Fowler said...

Great stuff: Yoda kitty and geeko sapiens? My weekend is now complete. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

defcon said...

Happy Birthday! At least your kids sang you a ni--uh, err, song.

That Star Trek prop is hilarious. I bet that wound up in some geek's home.

Martin Willoughby said...

Milo: The geek one is superb.

Defcon: No news on where it ended up. Probably destroyed knowing the killjoys.

Valentina Hepburn said...

Happy Birthday for Friday, Martin. Love the funnies. Dont ya just love kids?

Nick Wilford said...

Happy Birthday, Martin. Sorry I missed the day. I was born in a storm too... it probably portents the coming of a great talent. Great pics - last one is the best!

Martin Willoughby said...

Valentina: Kids are little treasures...I want to bury them at times.

Nick: That last picture is hilarious. My teenage boys love that episode because of the prop.

The Vegetable Assassin said...

Well trust me to be late to the party YET AGAIN, I seriously fail at everything lately. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, MAN! It sounded low key which to me is THE ONLY way to be. May your next twelve months be fruitful!

Martin Willoughby said...

Veg: I always save a piece of cake for you. Quiet = Perfect.