Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Fun

What else would I start with but Oddbox. This week 607 dancing chickens, musical carrotts, a newsreader tries to play the bagpipes while another one sleeps on air.

From elsewhere on the Beeb comes news that male Fruit Flies turn to alcohol if rejected by females and Trenton, New Jersey is facing a toilet paper shortage.

Sad news. Yoda has died. Not the Jedi master, but the worlds ugliest dog.

Picture time.










And finally, why you should never go shopping with me.



Have a great weekend and I'll see you on Monday, which is the last day to enter the competition for free ebooks.

11 comments:

DRC said...

I would LOVE to take my hubby shopping he did all those things on the list (last image). How funny would that be? Never a dull moment...lol

Chloe said...

During A-levels we had to drug fruit flys (with the charmingly named 'Fly Nap')make them mate with each other and then once they had produced offspring, kill them by dropping them in hot alcohol. I hadn't realised we could have skipped the alcohol stage and just let unrequited love take its course!

Love that quote from the Christain Left. Keep meaning to look into them as every time I read anything associated with them, I agree!

Martin Willoughby said...

DRC: You'd end up rolling your eyes if he did all that.

Chloe: You've just reminded me why I didn't like Biology at school. I like the Christian Left too and htey're probably closer to understanding the life of Christ than the right-wingers.

Lisa Shafer said...

That top photo is awesome.
I really hope it wasn't photoshopped. :)

Kelley said...

I'm so glad its spring too! Wet are plants :) haha

Martin Willoughby said...

Lisa: Nah, more likely a set up with the vehicles stationary and the camera moving. Still good though.

Kelley: I had to read that twice before I got it.

Karen S. said...

I always enjoy your Friday Fun, even on Saturday! Enjoy your weekend Martin.

Martin Willoughby said...

Karen: It's awlays a good day for a laugh.

Milo James Fowler said...

Holy cow -- thanks again for the laughs! I need that kitty to keep me from my keyboard when I'm not actually doing any writing...

Martin Willoughby said...

Milo: Laughs available each and every Friday.

Ruth Josse said...

Funny stuff! And love any quote by CS Lewis! :)