Friday, March 02, 2012

Friday Fun

Another week gone by, another month gone another step towards my grave. How jolly.

First up, oddbox. This week, ice musical instruments, Angela Merkel gets soaked by beer and the BBC gives you the news where you're not.

Ever wondered why Democracy doesn't work? Professor David Dunning, a psychologist at Cornell University, shows incompetent people are inherently unable to judge the competence of other people, or the quality of those people's ideas. Or, to put it simply, we're all stupid.

Funniest blog of the week goes to Nicole at Peace-Love-Nicole for sharing the gem that is Debbie Downer from Saturday Night Live. Especially as no one can keep a straight face...except those wearing Disney costumes.

Now for something...else. Music. This time it's a version of 'Then Kissed Me', entitled 'Then He Kicked Me'.



Picture time.







And this is how I feel first thing in the morning...you have been warned.



Have a great weekend.

12 comments:

E. Arroyo said...

LOL. This is hilarious. Thanks!

Karen S. said...

Oh, no! Not the grave, say it isn't so! I am beginning to look forward to your Friday posts! Go, Martin! Go and give us the funny side of life!!! Oh yeah! A friend sent me that very moon series this summer...it's one of my favorites! Have a JOLLY FUN weekend ahead Martin!

Martin Willoughby said...

EA: Glad you enjoyed them.

Karen: We're all heading to the grave, we just don't know when. In the meantime I shall try and make people laugh.

Karen S. said...

I so welcome the sunny and laughing side to things....especially when blogging or Facebooking! I enjoy a comedy act that actually gives out Red Clown noses to their audience, and they added a new product to their nose line....A Big Round Brown Nose, (as Americans like using the term, Brown-nosing at the office and such....) they are a funny team...! Stay happy!

Lisa Shafer said...

Ok, that peanut thing is awful. Really.

However, the moon pics are absolutely fabulous. Wow.

Alexia said...

I REALLY think these are very funny. Especially the coffee one. I've recently given up coffee, in a (so-far-unsuccessful) effort to reduce the stress levels. However I do have one if I'm in a good cafe or out to lunch. Then I feel exactly the way this cat looks!

Martin Willoughby said...

Karen: Who gives out red noses?

Lisa: That moon one shows just how creative some people are.

Alexia: The coffee cat one is just so good.

Deana said...

These are my favorite posts of yours Martin:) You made me smile...and don't put yourself in the grave too early. You have things to write:)

Karen S. said...

They are a husband and wife team, with shows as the "Wacky Chickens" or also as a team in Theatre of Fools, (not as chickens) Here is their link for their Ren-festival shows, and they give out red noses for those from the audience that perform in their skits. Or you can buy them as well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbKgbLHVZog

You can look them up also at Theatreoffools.com

Karen S. said...

Martin here's a link to their other show, even better than their wacky chickens....or maybe not, but I've been seeing the Wacky Chickens for years!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeZPwf3Ge0w&feature=related

Enjoy.....they make a good team, and even their son has his own gig at the Rennfest!

ilima said...

Haha. Those pics made my day.

Martin Willoughby said...

Deana: I'm not heading for an early grave, I'm just aware of mortality.

Karen: They look like a great live act. Thanks for the links.

Ilima: Glad you enjoyed them.