Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Fun

Time for a bit of a laugh. First up, Oddbox. This week, naked weddings and one of the most impressive basketball throws of all time compete among other 'love themed' oddities.

And now for something different: The Devil's Dictionary. Written by Amobrose Bierce towards the end of the 19th century, it contains alternative definitions of common words.

- Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility.

- Lawyer, n. One skilled in circumvention of the law.

More of these next week. Now, it's picture time.










And finally, as it was Valentine's Day on Tuesday, here's a non-cynical view of love.


Have a great weekend and don't forget I'm on the radio on Sunday, 6.30pm EST. I shall be watching you, so make sure you're listening.

8 comments:

Karen S. said...

Be sure to repost a reminder of where Sunday....you know how weekends get! Your quotes on kindness and silliness are awesome...and I hope Forest runs by my neighborhood! Cool photo!

Kelley said...

I love the forest and Dorthy Totto one. SO funny!

KLo said...

I love all of your posts, as you know, but the Friday Fun ones are my favorite by far!

Lisa Shafer said...

I had to read the Putin on the Ritz one twice before I got it.
Some puns are nearly painful, and that one ranked right up there. (groan)

The dog and cat views on humans -- so true!

Patti said...

The run forest run was hilarous and I loved the last quote - very timely.

Martin Willoughby said...

Karen: That's a good idea. I'll post a reminder on Sunday.

Kelly: The toto one still has me grinning.

KLo: Glad to be of service.

Lisa: There are worse puns in the world, but not many.

Patti: That 'Love' picture is so true.

Caitlin said...

Run Forest, Run!!! - Ents really do live!

Martin Willoughby said...

Caitlin: That one made me chuckle.