Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Award Announcement

Well, what a week.  Three awards.


First up is the Kreative Blogger Award, courtesy of Freya Morris.  Now I have to share 10 random things about me.

1. I am male, 48, just under 5'6" tall and cuddly...no, not fat, cuddly.
2. I love acting.
3. My idea of a good night is to cuddle up with a book or a PC game.
4. I suffer from Asperger's...or rather I have Asperger's and everyone else suffers.
5. My kids enjoy creeping up behind me and either polishing my bald spot or scaring me half to death.
6. I can build computers.
7. I have fibre/felt tip pens from my teenage years that still work.
8. I made a TV program when I was 17 for my GCE in Modern Communications.
9. I have a 10", yellow, stuffed duck that I cuddle every night.
10. I HATE cold, damp, grey days, especially Sundays.

The second and third awards come from Kelley Lynn.

The skunk award is given to those who 'make us feel (and smell) a lot better'.  Awwwww, thanks.

I now have to name one thing I like about myself and then pass it on to as many people as I like.

'I like that I can be kind and helpful'.

I don't know what the criteria for the Liebster Blog Award are, so I'm going to assume it's for blogs that leave you with a warm fuzzy feeling when you read them. I now have to list 5 things about myself.

1. I prefer to watch Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks films to adult ones.
2. I'm a fan of Cliff Richard.
3. I don't like Shakespeare.
4. I like to laugh.
5. I own three pairs of shoes.

Now come the hard parts: passing the awards on to others.

Liebster Blog:

Victoria at Boudica Marginalia. She's an old friend and her writing blog is always interesting.

Ruth Josse at Ruth Writes. I just like the blog.

Skunk Award:

Lisa Shafer. Her photo competitions are great fun to join in with.

Kreativ Blogger Award:

Deana Barnhart. Very Kreativ and always interesting. Her blog's nice too.

Hannah at Hey Zombot. Creative doesn't do this girl justice. Yes it's a shop blog, but she makes it all herself and is starting out.

Dana at The Daily Dose. A blog in 100 words? Very creative.

That's it for the awards.

Normally on a Wednesday I give some writing advice or share something I've learnt. So rather than disappoint people, here it is: Write a blog. Not only do you get some writing practice, you get to meet some interesting and creative people like those above.

And how do I meet them? I click on the pictures of followers on other blogs.

See you on Friday when I'll share some cracking pictures.

11 comments:

hannaH said...

Aw, Thanks for the award, Martin!

Kelley said...

I like the advice. Having a blog was a life changer for my writing life :)

Lisa Shafer said...

My, but you are popular!
This is kind of cute, really. I like you even if you don't like Shakespeare. (I'm not sure I've forgiven you for that, but I can still like you anyway......)
I'm also impressed that you can come up with so many random things about yourself in only 10 days or so.

Cindy Keen Reynders said...

Congrats, Martin! Well deserved awards.

Victoria Snelling said...

Awww, thank you! What a lovely way to start the day. x

Martin Willoughby said...

HannaH: You're very welcome.

Kelley: It worked for me too. All these lovely people.

Lisa: It's not so much Shakespeare as the overblown reverence for him that gets to me. He wasn't the only playwright of his ear or even the best, just one of many.

Cindy: My ego is enjoying the pampering.

Victoria: Remember the old saying: 'Start the day with a smile. Get it over with.'

Chloe said...

Well done Martin! That is an impressive haul for one week!

[Naebsy] said...

Thank you Martin for the comment on my blog.
I'm glad to learn that you like Disney! :)

Deana said...

Martin, thanks so much for thinking about me! You sound like a pretty cool dude:) And I love that you cuddle with a duck every night:)

Dana said...

Congratulations, Martin! And thank you for the award. :)

Martin Willoughby said...

Chloe: It came as a surprise.

Naebsy: I LUUURRRVVEEE your blog.

Deana: I'm certainly cool at the moment. I have three layers of clothing on as it's so cold.

Dana: You have one of the most original blogs I've ever seen.