Monday, January 30, 2012

Update

First up, I've completed this months task for write1sub1. I wrote a new short story entitled Jurors and have submitted it to Electric Spec.

For those who don't know, the W1S1 is an idea based on a piece of advice given by Ray Bradbury, which I will paraphrase. 'Write one story a week for a whole year and send each one to a magazine. Most of them will be rubbish, but you won't write 52 bad stories: it's impossible.'

In 2012 I've taken the monthly challenge as I know I won't be able to keep up with the weekly one and I'll keep you up to date with my progress.

In other news, I'm going to be interviewed on the radio, blogtalkradio to be more specific. The event takes place on 19th February at 6.30pm EST and the lady interviewing me will be Dolores DeGiacomo, a life coach based in New Jersey.

We will touch on my novel, but the interview will be about my life and how I've overcome the various disasters and problems that have stood in my way (and there have been more than a few). So to find out about about me and my past, this is the place to be. If you can't listen live, then there will be a podcast available afterwards, to which I shall point you, but you will listen to the broadcast, won't you. Yes? I knew I could rely on you all.

See you on Wednesday.

16 comments:

The Vegetable Assassin said...

Hell yes! You have to remind us before it happens though because I get easily distracted by shiny things and before you know it it's Feb. 20th. :)

Caitlin said...

That's a really awesome idea! You'll have to remind us when it gets closer for the interview so we don't miss it.

Jira said...

I'm glad to have read your post... this is a great idea!

Martin Willoughby said...

Veg: I shall be reminding everyone in EVERY blog post with a little note at the end.

Caitlin: If you can't make it on the day, there's always the podcast to listen to afterwards...which I shall also mention now and again.

Jira: Glad you liked it.

Patti said...

That's an interesting challenge. I've tried writing short stories and just can't seem to do it.

Author Doc said...

One short story a week? How many words? I think if I were able to do it, it would be 3000 at maximum!

Anyway, good luck.

Milo James Fowler said...

Way to go, Martin! Electric Spec is a great market. I'm on the monthly plan too this year; much more manageable with novel-length WiPs demanding my attention. I'm looking forward to the broadcast.

Martin Willoughby said...

Patti: Give it a whirl. If nothing else you'll get some practice.

Doc: No real limit other than the market/magazine you're looking at. Give it a try.

Milo: Thanks. I have a couple of novel length WIPS on the go, and the play too, hence the monthly challenge.

Rhonda said...

Congrats on sticking to your W1S1 goals and good luck placing that story with Electric Spec :)

Lydia Gray said...

Congratulations on meeting your W1S1 goals!

Martin Willoughby said...

Rhonda: If Electric Spec won't take it, I'll try somewhere else.

Lydia: Thankyou (takes a bow)

Simon Kewin said...

Best of luck with the Electric Spec sub and congrats on sticking to the W1S1 scheme. I can reveal we have an interview with one of the Electric Spec editors coming soon on the W1S1 blog!

Deana said...

That sounds like a very cool idea! I hope you get one or more in print:)
And congrats on your interview!

Patsy said...

Congrats on your W1S1 success!

Patsy said...

Congrats on your W1S1 success

Martin Willoughby said...

Simon: Thankyou. I'll keep and eye out for that.

Deana: It's a great idea for keeping the creative juices flowing.

Patsy: Thankyou & thankyou.