Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday Fun

First up it's Oddbox. This week, no pants day, an ENORMOUS toy car track and surviving a bungee jump...when the string breaks...over the Zambezi...with Crocodiles in it. YIKES!

From elsewhere on the Beeb, the story of man's predictions made 100 years ago,some of which came true, not forgetting a new technology prize: $10m to invent a medical tricorder.

Picture Time







This young man can still smile, despite the problems.


Kinda puts the world in perspective.

And finally, Everytime I hear this song I think about sportspeople, CEO's and politicians.



Have a great weekend.

9 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

My thoughts:
I don't care much for either type of football.
Love the Irish proverb, but I'd add "a good piece of chocolate" into it as well.
Advice column -- hilarious.
Kid with the ghostly prosthetics: ARGHHH!!!!
That's the scariest thing I've seen in a long time!! Gah!

Martin Willoughby said...

Lisa: I prefer Jelly Beans to Chocolate.

Valentina Hepburn said...

Hi, Martin, Love your post...and the photo of the little guy. He's still smiling and yes, it puts everything into perspective. Time to stop moaning about trivialities.
Note to self :~ must try and remember it!
Love
Valentina

Martin Willoughby said...

Valentina: It shows what you can do with the right attitude to some problems.

Lisa Shafer said...

We'd get along well: I could save you all the jelly beans (do you even like the licorice ones?) and you could give me all your chocolate.....

Martin Willoughby said...

Lisa: Sounds like a deal to me. I don't like the liquorice ones, but my eldest son loves them.

Patti said...

Totally agrees with the football thing. And the teenage sign is brilliant.

The Vegetable Assassin said...

The Dear John thing made me guffaw. Which is unfortunate. You know...for the lady. Sorry lady!

Here I am, late to the party as always. Hope your weekend WAS nice!

Martin Willoughby said...

Patti: My two teenagers thought it was a good sign...but they're not going to follow its advice.

Veg: However late you are, you're always welcome.