Monday, December 12, 2011

WIP

It's Monday, therefore it must be a progress update.

I've started my second novel and have realised that I need to get some information from the first one to make sure I'm being consistent. To that end I've gone through the notes I made for the first book and am re-reading it to ensure I get my facts straight.

It also helps in other ways as I plan to write more books set in this galaxy, but not necessarily with the same people. Examples of this approach can be seen most obviously in the Discworld series, but also in the Harry Dresden books by Jim Butcher and books by Tom Holt, Gail Carriger and Stephen Hunt.

I should have it all done by Christmas, as well as outlining the plot of book 2, whose working title is now Apollo the Thirteenth.

Tonight, Starfish Publishing will be out on the razz, celebrating a great year for us all..we'll be at a Pizza Hut. We've got a publishing enterprise off the ground, sold a couple of books for REAL money and have made a lot of progress as writers.

Finally, I just HAVE to share this photo with you, courtesy of George Takei's facebook page.


See you on Wednesday.

6 comments:

DRC said...

Have you warned Pizza Hut that we're coming??? lol...

Love that piccy. Made me smile.

Martin Willoughby said...

DRC: Ooops.

Lisa Shafer said...

All done by Christmas?! Wow. I'm impressed.

Caitlin said...

Wow, very impressed with being all done by Christmas!

And hahaha I saw that picture earlier this week and it still breaks me down into laughter.

Mark Noce said...

Sounds like you're well on your way to a second book! Luv the Star Trek photo too...neat blog:)

Martin Willoughby said...

Lisa: That's the plan. Now for reality.

Caitlin: that picture is a screamer...albeit a little unfair.

Mark: Thanks for dropping by and for your comment.