Monday, December 05, 2011

WIP Report

Have a good weekend? I did. Lots of peace and quiet.

I've started working on the second novel now. It's at the planning stage, thinking of who's going to do what to whom, but the basic story has been decided upon.

Alan Radford, the almost hero of 'A Stitch In Time', goes to the moon with his wife and daughter to see the recently discovered Moon Lander Apollo 13 that had been buried under the dust. After proving it's a fake the lander chases him around the moon and tries to kill him.

Yes, I know that Apollo 13 never landed on the moon, that's the whole point. It's a fake. Who planted it there and why brings back our old friend Furteen and, naturally, Harold Kennedy is never far away from the action. Mae still speaks without taking a breath and Carla wants to fight the rampant machine in hand-to-hand combat for daring to assault her husband and, even worse, call him a liar.

It's a story I've had floating around in my mind for a while and I'm looking forward to writing it, something I shall start in the next few days.

In other news, Starfish Publishing have started to plan their next book launch for June 2012. We've had an idea to tie up with a local school, whereby they run a short story competition for the pupils and the publishable entries are compiled into a collection for sale via Amazon's Kindle. They keep the proceeds, we get a free hall for the evening and the PTFA get to run a cake/tea/drink stall to raise money for the school.

We may also be able to drag in other school departments. The art department can design book covers, the computer department can make book trailers and the PE teachers can go for a long run.

If we plan it so that the launch co-incides with the end of half-term, we'll catch the parents at the right time. One of our group knows an English teacher at the school and he's up for it so we're on our way.

Other than that, I've written an article for a magazine about the book launch and another for my regular column at WritingRaw.com.

Now for a cuppa and a sit down. See you on Wednesday.

3 comments:

E. Arroyo said...

I love new ideas. =) Good luck

Caitlin said...

Sounds like you've got some great ideas on your mind. Good luck with it!

Martin Willoughby said...

EA: So do I. Thankyou.

Caitlin: These are ideas that I've had swimming around my mind for some time. I'm glad they're finally getting down on paper (disc) so they can stop annoying me.