Tuesday, November 08, 2011

WIP

Day later than expected, but I do have a good excuse...errr....reason. I was editing.

The novel has been edited in full and now awaits a final readthrough by the writer's group. Once it gets through that stage it will be converted to kindle format and be ready for publication. All I need to do now is get a cover and a book trailer. Easy(?).

Invites have been sent out for the book launch and we're hoping for a good turnout. Friends, relatives and people we can drag off the street. "But I don't want to go to a book launch." "Don't think of it as a book launch, think of it as a kidnap attempt." I still need to contact the local newspaper, the BBC and I'm waiting on our local MP to comfirm his attendance (fingers crossed).

The other novel (Son of Jack) is near completion and we may have a late entry with three short stories under the title 'The Devil She Is'. I'll let you brood on that one till next week.

We have learnt a lot from this process, all of which will help us next May and we won't repeat the same mistakes: we'll find new ones. Talking of which, we have some in the pipeline for next May (books, not mistakes) and this time I'm not going to write AND organise. I'll just organise. Whether or not that's a new mistake or not only time will tell.

The play is entering it's last week of rehearsals and tonight we're having a 'words run-through'. No acting, just words to make sure we know them...which reminds me, I must get that book out and start learning the ones I don't know. (Technically I know all the words, I just don't know the correct order)

I also have my domain name back, which was another reason for the lack of posting yesterday, so I should have the website up by the end of the week.

See you on Wednesday, by which time my nervous breakdown should be in full flow.

5 comments:

E. Arroyo said...

Wow...you are one busy camper. Good luck!

Martin Willoughby said...

EA: Until the end of November...then I will collapse in a heap on the floor and not wake until Christmas.

Amy Richardson said...

Your making me tired! Good luck with everything! Only good things can come from all the work... even if it doesn't look like it at the time!

Martin Willoughby said...

Amy: It's tiring alright, but it will be worth it in the end.

Michelle Davidson Argyle said...

YAY! That's close! If you need suggestions for cover artists, let me know. Also, you make that conversion to Kindle sound so easy... ;)