Monday, November 14, 2011

400

Never mind 300 Spartan warriors, this is my 400th post. Wooohoo, yippeeeee, yaaayyyhaaaaayyyyyyyy.

OK, party over. Now, on with the updates.

At the beginning of the month (yes I know I should have told you then), Writing Raw published my first column about self-publishing (you can find it half way down on the left). It's an ongoing series about the highs and lows of self-publishing and the decisions that need to be made. The next column, due out at the beginning of December, will be about the launch and the promotion we've done.

I've not made much progress on the novel due to the impending play, which means I am cutting things close. I have set aside tomorrow morning to finish it off and nothing is going to get in the way of it, though I will take a break around 11am to go and see a lady about the room hire for the book launch.

Talking of the play, we will be performing this Thursday, Friday and Saturday at Knebworth Village Hall. You can see the video trailer on youtube, which also has booking information. For those of you flying in from the USA or other international destinations (such as Scotland), Knebworth is only 2 hours from Heathrow by taxi.

As you're going to be flying in from international destinations for the play, why not make a holiday of it. Stay for the week at the Ramada Cromwell Hotel, see Hertfordshire and wrap your holiday up by attending the book launch on Sunday 27th November, 1-4pm at the Cromwell Hotel. You can get to meet me and the other members of the North Herts Writers Circle, people who will be household names by next summer...in their own homes that is.

I shall see you all on Wednesday. In the meantime, I'll be learning lines, editing, updating the Starfish Publishing website and generally acting like a headless chicken. I'll leave you with the trailer for the play and the book trailer for 'Son of Jack', one of the three titles we'll be launching.





10 comments:

Haddock said...

What?
Over?
That is the shortest party I have attended. I was just taking out my Tuxedo.....
Anyway congratulations.... 400 is not an easy figure.
Hope to see more....

Martin Willoughby said...

Haddock: Just wait till I get to 500. It'll last four seconds.

Lisa Shafer said...

I love the fact that we can now make our own commercials! yea!
My days of community theatre are past, as I am past the age of beauty required for females on stage (unless they're playing "character" roles), but I think it's awesome that you can advertise online!
Also, I am amused at your mention of Scotland's being an "international" destination. Trust me; most Scots I know would agree with you on that one. ;)
Congrats on the 400th post. I'm far away from that on this current blog, although on a now-defunct one (long story), I did have over 1000 before the end. Currently, I'll just be excited to reach 50 posts. :)

Cindy R. Wilson said...

Congrats on 400 posts! The idea of that makes me tired :)

Michelle Davidson Argyle said...

I'm trying to imagine you as a headless chicken, but it's hard. ;)

Congrats on all you have going on! 400 is awesome, too!

Martin Willoughby said...

Lisa: Doing commercials isn't as hard as it used to be. The hardest part is getting people to watch them.

Martin Willoughby said...

Cindy: It's nowhere near as tiring as looking after kids.

Michelle: Alright, just pretend I've grown wings and I'm flapping instead. :)

[Naebsy] said...

Party over? NOOOO!
i want to party dad :(
Love you! and hurray for the 400th post!

Martin Willoughby said...

Naebsy: Well you'll just have to come to the UK with your family and have another party.

Milo James Fowler said...

I just watched both of your videos simultaneously. Wow. That was an experience. =] And BIG congrats on reaching 400!