Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday WIP Report

It's finished, done, complete. Now all I have to do is edit it.

The word count is currently 58,629, but that will change as I cut bits out, add other bits in, jazz up the descriptions and make some people even more insane than myself or the Vegetable Assassin. (If you haven't come across her blog before, please go there and catch up on her rants about life which will continue when she's back from holiday)

For those of you who are interested, which should be all of you, the last line of the book is 'get me a bucket of cold water', and with that I'll leave you to guess what's happening.

The wedding scene was a joy to write, as was the moment when...nah, I'll leave you in suspense. I've had some good feedback on the first few chapters which I shall take into account when editing even if I ignore it.

The website for Starfish Publishing Cupboard is coming on and we now have some pages to discuss and argue over, which you can see and comment on at:
www.starfishpc.co.uk/home.html
www.starfishpc.co.uk/home1.html
www.starfishpc.co.uk/home2.html
www.starfishpc.co.uk/home3.html
All of them are in the development stage and the layout will change a lot before we release the site in November, but I'm always open to ideas and massive amounts of praise. If nothing else, it gives us something to throw out when we get a better idea.

So if you have any ideas for a front page, number of pages, or what you would like to see on a publishing house/cupboard website, let me know in the comments section.

With that, I shall wish you adieu and see you on Wednesday when I shall be more serious and pass on some more helpful advice about writing and language.

4 comments:

The Vegetable Assassin said...

You know, I'm not at all convinced that in some backhanded manner you didn't just call me "insane", Mr. Willoughby...

You know what though? I've been called worse. Today.

Good luck with the rewriting!!!

Martin Willoughby said...

Veg: I would NEVER call you insane, either directly or indirectly. At least not while you're on the same island as me and your return flightpath comes over my flat.

Holly said...

Ack! You just continue to tease us with these tiny snippets. That is evil. Even by fiction author standards.

This book of yours better hurry up and get published already.

Martin Willoughby said...

Holly: Of course I'm evil, my parents were cats. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!