Monday, September 05, 2011

Monday W.I.P-ing

I'm nearly at the end of the first proper draft of this book and the wordcount, for those of you interested, is 51,000. To be precise it's 50,967, but what the heck.

Chapter 10 is done and the shooting didn't go as I had planned, but much better. Someone still got shot, but by a different person with a different weapon and instigated by someone not utterly insane.

Chapter 11 will now see the aliens arrive at the planet with a new weapon and...Nah I'm not telling you that. It does look as thought there will be at least two more chapters and maybe three as I have to get a wedding in as well as a fight involving the bride which she wins.

If you've ever seen Firefly/Serenity, imagine River, three times as big (Summer Glau is tiny), three times as old, far more attitude, the same fighting prowess and you'll get an idea of the bride. If you haven't seen Firefly/Serenity, go and watch it, then you'll know. The groom is more like her brother, but softer...much softer.

It's looking good and as I no longer have a word count to aim for I'm just letting the story take me where it will, providing it ends up where I want it to.

The ebook publishing is proceeding and the website design is coming along. Sadly, we have lost one novel due to personal problems, but we may well pick up another in its place.

That's all for now. Have a great couple of days and see you on Wednesday.

4 comments:

The Vegetable Assassin said...

As a "Firefly" devotee, I approve. :) Also, I am so reading this when it's done.

In other news, if you'd leave me a comment on my blog with your email address if that's ok ( I won't publish it) I wanted to send you something, which now sounds very covert and exciting due to the secretness of this comment, but so IS NOT. :) If you want...

Milo James Fowler said...

"I'm just letting the story take me where it will, providing it ends up where I want it to" -- That's what I do, and it usually works (when it doesn't frustrate the heck out of me). And as one Browncoat to another, I appreciated the River/Firefly reference. Long live Serenity!

Holly said...

I'm a big Firefly/Serenity/ anything-by-Joss-Whedon-except-for- Dollhouse fan, and now I am VERY intrigued.

Favorite Serenity quote:
"If wishes were horses we'd all be eating steak." - Jane

Martin Willoughby said...

Veg: I am intrigued.

Milo: Long live serenity! Glad to know that someone else writes the same way and gets success.

Holly: I think Jane is a superb character.