Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday Progress

A Stitch In Time is the current title of the book but will no doubt change before I'm finished with it. If you have any ideas about a title based on what you know about the book, let me know. I'm always happy to pilfer...errr...accept help.

Chapter 11 is now finished and the book is at 55,000 words for the first proper draft, so all that remains is the wedding and the big fight. I've had some good feedback on the first four chapters from my writer's group which will help me with stage 2: the edit.

I've ended the threat from baddy number 2 in a manner which came as a surprise to me, leaving the chapter to end with the following conversation:

Another large section was released into space and Carla asked her cousin, “Are you going to rescue the Dagon?”
“At some point.”


Baddy number 1 has had his backside kicked around the main hall before being whisked away to some unknown place and time by his robot, and the three main characters are now looking forward to a life of familial bliss. As if I'm going to let that happen, this is fiction not reality. Oh yeah, no difference.

I don't think I'll need more than one chapter to wrap this up, but you never know what's lurking in the corners of my mind and you really don't want to find out. Believe me, it's horrible in there.

The ebook publishing cupboard is in the process of being filled with books. We have my one, two others being written and edited and some short stories to add to the pile for a collection. The website is being prepared with its new logos and we are expanding our ideas of where we can market the result as, I'm sure you all know, marketing is harder than writing.

With that, I shall wish you all adieu and promise to see you on Wednesday.

4 comments:

Milo James Fowler said...

"As if I'm going to let that happen, this is fiction not reality." We've got to be cruel to our characters, don't we?

Tess said...

what a fun project you are in the middle of, Martin. Sounding good!

Tony Van Helsing said...

When I saw the bit about a wedding and a fight I wasn't expecting a robot to be thrown into the mix.

Martin Willoughby said...

Milo: We do. But do we have to enjoy it?

Tess: It's fun alright.

Tony: The joy of SF. You can throw almost anything into it.