Monday, August 29, 2011

W.I.P.

WIP (West In Peace)

Not much to report on the novel this week, though chapter 10 is proceeding as well as can be expected. There will be a chapter 11, but I'm not sure about a chapter 12 as it depends on what needs tying up and what action needs to be there. In short, it's quite fluid...but fun.

I received some interesting feedback tonight from one of the group members which has been very helpful regarding the first chapter and it's problems, of which there are many. That there are problems wasn't a surprise, it is a first draft, but the nature of a couple of the probelms were. I'll write about them at a later date when I've started the main edit.

With regards to the ebook publishing, there has been yet another brainwave for marketing: local papers and parish newsletters. Local papers are ALWAYS on the lookout for stories, so as we are local and trying to beat the recession by setting up a company they should be interested. Parish newsletters will cost money, but hopefully not much.

As it was a bank holiday today, very little got done anywhere in the UK, so I'll see you all on Wednesday.

2 comments:

Milo James Fowler said...

You're a brave soul! I never let anybody read my first drafts anymore -- or my seconds. I'm not superstitious, but I find that when I've rarely shared a first draft, I ended up loathing my work so much that I couldn't continue working on it. Weird, I know.

Martin Willoughby said...

Milo: I usually take some comments with a pinch of salt. What I look for in comments are gaping holes in the plot or character flaws. Anyone who points out spelling mistakes is ignored.