You may have heard on the news that in the last few days we've a spot of bother in Britain. It's true. Despite this our gallow's humour is alive and well.
On newsbiscuit there have been plenty of joke headlines submitted:
- Bristol riots cause £16m worth of improvements
- Boris Johnson brings peace to London through medium of dance
- E-Looters target Amazon website by throwing bricks at own screens
- Police call in ex-NOTW journalists to hack rioters Blackberries
- Police allowed to shoot sociologists on sight.
There have also been a number of joke stories doing the rounds such as Looters apologise to locals for causing two days of visits by politicians. You can read some of the ones that didn't make it to the front page in the writer's room.
join the anti-riot as it's going to be on for a while yet.
Friends on the now ubiquitous facebook have joined in the humour with some 'comments' from Harry Redknapp, manager of Tottenham Hotspur.
- Harry Redknapp due to sign a new striker from Italy: Robatelli
- Harry Redknapp is disgusted at the riots in Tottenham. "All this looting and robbing and yet nobody has taken Robbie Keane"
Enjoy your weekend.