Friday, August 05, 2011

Another Week, Another Friday

To round off the week here are few things that have happenend.

Firstly, there's the BBC oddbox. 10 strange things from around the world including painted gorillas in Bristol and a nightmare walk around the CN Tower in Canada.

How do you make a nuclear reactor? Apparently you can do it in a kitchen, or at least you can in Sweden. A definite case of 'don't try this at home'. I'm surprised the news agencies haven't picked up on this one as the possibility for vegetable based headlines is enormous.

My children have gone to Germany for two weeks which means I get to have quiet evenings without the mental buzz of a hyperactive teenager around. Bliss.

Did you know that one in five of people who have smartphones use them whilst they are on the toilet? Nope, neither did I. The two obvious questions are 'why' and 'what are you doing with them'. I suppose it's no worse than reading the newspaper on the toilet as my grandfather did.

Finally, what books are you reading at the moment? My list is...
Robinson Crusoe, Daniel Defoe
Berlin, Anthony Beevor
Time Out of Joint, Phillip K Dick
Heartless, Gail Carriger
Sophie's World, Jostein Gaarder

Have a great weekend.

5 comments:

KLo said...

I use my SmartPhone on the toilet all the time ... it's often the only place in my house that's quiet lol.

Martin Willoughby said...

KLo: I'm lost for words.

The Vegetable Assassin said...

I bet a lot of people use them on the toilet. Some people have to have something to read while in there - something I never understood, but I guess if you're a newspaper or book reader on the lav, you probably would use your phone as well.

Martin Willoughby said...

Veg: I don't do anything on the toilet except what I'm supposed to.

[Naebsy] said...

Martin, Hahahaa I play games on my phone on the toilet. What was I supposed to do in that time, fiddling and looking around? haha Pacman is the way to go! ;)