Friday, July 01, 2011

Odd.....Very Odd....Very, Very Odd

I'm feeling a little lazy today. It's Friday, it's the first of the month and I've just seen some crazy scenes.

The BBC (yes, dear old, staid, dull Auntie Beeb) does a weekly compilation of some odd news items. This week there is the usual eclectic collection ranging from the 'Swamp Football' world cup, through some amazing sandcastles and a world hula hoop record to the world's ugliest dog...all together now, aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh.

If you want to see all these things, this is the link. If you don't, go and hide in a corner, pretend that there are no parts of the world that are fun and leave the rest of us alone.

Have a great weekend.

5 comments:

PV Lundqvist said...

I like the BBC. Such a different slant on the news, from what I get in the States.

If it weren't for the Beeb, I'd never hear about Africa unless we're bombing it.

Martin Willoughby said...

PVL: We're lucky that we have three independent TV newscasters in the UK: BBC, ITV and Channel 4. I wouldn't call Sky independent as it's owned by Murdoch.

[Naebsy] said...

Lol BBC has been on and on with the Strauss-Kahn thing. I am back. Sorry was out for a few months - had exams going on. Also went traveling a bit... Take care Martin! :)

[Naebsy] said...

and can you see my blog? I don't know what I did with the settings :S :S HELPPP.

Martin Willoughby said...

N: Exams are important, don't apologise. News people are always broadcasting/printing things that people will buy rahter than what's important.